Blood Test

Saturday, January 23, 2010

"There's nothing to writing.  All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein."

~~Walter Wellesly "Red" Smith

5 bolts from the blue:

Catherine Denton said...

This quote is in my journal. I love it.
Winged Writer

Liza said...

The hard part is when you are too worried about opening the vein...

Jon Paul said...

This has been one of my favs for a long time. I spent the summer being too afraid to write, so Liza, I think your comment is right on the money!

Rachel Fenton said...

Not sure how I found you but hullo! The paradox of being a writer is that it hurts when you open the vein and it hurts when you don't.

Jon Paul said...

Welcome Rachel! I couldn't agree more. Well, I guess I could, but then I might sprain something.

:D

Actually, I goof on this idea a little in my last post: http://skymeetsground.blogspot.com/2010/01/job-interview-part-one.html

Part two is in work BTW. Thanks for reading.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design