Follow A Great Blog, Get A Signed Book (If You're Lucky)

Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm new to this blogging game, so I'm still learning my way (obvious, ain't it?).  As one of my drill instructors once said to me: "JP, you need a tissue, because you're just crying for leadership."  :D

After spending the last few months searching for good places to learn a thing or two about writing, a few blogs stand out.  One of those is See Heather Write.  Heather has been regular reading for me lately.  She's done a fantastic job, day in and day out, of putting up great posts filled with smart content like these:

Critiques: Turning Your Plot Upside-Down Since 1485
I learned, I learn, I will learn: Things got in-tense!
On beginnings

Bottom line, I think this girl is going places.  To put icing on the cake, she is now hosting her first contest and has a couple really nice prizes lined up:

The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve (signed paperback)

or

The Given Day by Dennis Lehane (signed paperback)

Personally, I have my eye on the Pilot's Wife, a book I've been wanting to read for awhile now.  But I'm sure The Given Day is a great read too, and a signed copy of either one would be a nice addition to anyone's library. 

So waddaya say?  Why dontcha mosy on over and subscribe to Heather's blog right this instant.  And enter the contest while you're at it.  All the instructions on how to enter are here:  See Heather Write Signed Book Contest

I tell ya, there'll be some good reading in it for ya in the days and weeks to come, courtesy of Heather, and if you're lucky, you'll get your hands on a nice signed book as well!  Good luck!

2 bolts from the blue:

Heather said...

Aw, wow JP! What a nice entry! I'm blushing over here :) And I kept looking for your blog to follow it, but for some reason (user failure, I'm sure) I couldn't find a link in your profile! So I'm glad to have finally found you.

Jon Paul said...

Sure thing Heather. Least I could do is return the favor for all the great work you're doing.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design