Late Word

Sunday, January 31, 2010

"It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous."

~~Robert Benchley

6 bolts from the blue:

Emily Cross said...

Hey JP, i just saw your message on DW (i didn't have notifications set up right) if you email me at emilycross09@gmail.com i'll send you an invite (i need your email address to send you one)

Thanks for joining!

Jon Paul said...

My note is on it's way across the email-O-sphere.

I didn't realize my address wasn't visible. I have corrected that!

Gracias!

Catherine Denton said...

This got me laughing quite hard. GREAT quote.
Winged Writer

Postman said...

That sounds....quite familiar.

Say, what are you doing in Baghdad, if it's not a stupid or personal question?

Anissa said...

Great quote!

Jon Paul said...

Catherine & Anissa--Thanks!

Postie--I'm over here finishing up a one year tour (for some reason, every time I say that, the "Gilligan's Island" theme pops in my head) with the Navy, assigned to General Odierno's staff.

I know what you're wondering: why's the Navy in Baghdad? Don't ask.

I've flown the hell out of this desk but I'm anxious to get back to the real thing, if you know what I mean.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design