And Now For Something Completely Different

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I've been feeling a little odd and unfocused lately.  I'm not sure why, but I bet it's because of my impending departure from Baghdad.  I have about ten days left here.  My growing excitement at going home elicits a nervous jitter now and again.

Thus today, I'm going off the beaten path.  We all need breaks once in awhile, right? 

I share with you this absolutely breathtaking video of Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium.  The music is "Please Don't Go" by Barcelona (iTunes, Barcelona's website).

When I was home on R and R in September, my two-year old daughter and I watched this about fifty times.  In that fun way that kids never tire of repeating things, each time the video ended she would say: "Shark please again Daddy."  I couldn't say no.

Enjoy.

8 bolts from the blue:

Rachel Fenton said...

Hypnotic. You must be very homesick. I hope the next ten days fly by.

Laura said...

That video is almost therapeutic. There is something majestic and peaceful in the undersea world...So incredibly relaxing.
But what an amazing song. It's my new favorite.
Thank you for posting this.

I wish you a safe and happy return home.

Liza said...

Ten days? I'll be counting them down for you. Stunning video and music.

Catherine Denton said...

Wow, I can see why you'd be distracted. I enjoyed watching this video (the people as well as the fish).
Winged Writer

j.m. neeb said...

I don't have much to say on this specific post, but I've been reading a bunch of your other ones and want to wish you success in the writing world!

I am really digging your BATTLE PLAN for writing and will definitely continue to follow the blog. I look forward to reading your future posts...

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi. Mission accomplished.

Penny Manning said...

Thoroughly enjoyed that film, Jon...Thanks for posting it!

Jon Paul said...

Thanks all! I appreciate the moral support--it won't be long now before I return to "real" life.

John--thanks for the kind words. The Battle Plan is my little contribution to the conversation, considering I am still finding my way on the writing front (pun not intended :D). Happy to hear that folks like yourself are finding it useful.

DL Hammons said...

Captivating video.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design