Life In Six Words or Less

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ernest Hemingway famously wrote a story in only six words:  "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn."  This was eons before the invention of Twitter. 

I've noticed a rash of contests and famous people following in Ernest's brief footsteps.  All this brevity got me thinking: why not throw out a six word story/memoir exercise?  Wouldn't that be fun? 

NOW--don't wait!--quick as a whip, give me a six-word story or memoir in the comments!  I dare you!

Here's mine:  Once lost. Writing fiction. Now found.


***Check back tomorrow for Part Three of my post series: Conquering the Page: Creating Your Own Fiction Writer's Battle Plan:  Part Three will cover Organizing Your Battle Plan.  If you missed it, here is Part One: Overview and Part Two: Defining Your Writing Mission.***

Thanks for stopping by!

12 bolts from the blue:

Tabitha Bird said...

Cool fun. Here's mine.

Tiara smashed. Princess rose from dust.

propinquity said...

Okay, I'll give it a go. Mine's more in line with a little poem:
Love;
Hurt.
Life;
Dirt.
Writing;
Insert.

Paul said...

Just a game. It's stunt writing.

Scott said...

Drinking Margaritas. Lives of Friends. Inspiration.

glnroz said...

Base destroyed. Tower falls.

Alex Jenson said...

Goalkeeper shot. Penalty missed. Gamblers happy.

Lindsey Himmler said...

Wonderland not real. Drugs still are.

Travener said...

One died. One broke my heart.

Liza said...

Bonfire on Saturday. Behind the library.

Rachel Fenton said...

http://sixsentences.blogspot.com/ I manage more six sentence stories than six word ones but I'll give you a six worder:
Empty swing. Bandage optional; hugs essential.

Postman said...

I think fast. I talk faster.

Jon Paul said...

This is totally rad. Every one of you rock. Nice work, and thanks for stopping by and sharing.

And Rachel, thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design