Motives

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author."

~~G.K. Chesterton






7 bolts from the blue:

dirtywhitecandy said...

The next time someone asks me 'do you put yourself in your novels', I'll quote this at them.

BTW, Jon, there's a surprise for you on my blog.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

That's a pithy quote. I'll chew on it. Thank you.

Brittany Laneaux said...

Hmmm...maybe that's why I'm too afraid to start a novel...hmmm

Brian Keaney said...

A mediocre novel tells us what's in fashion.

Postman said...

My greatest fear. This novel's going to be all about ME and not all about...what it's about. That make any sense?

Donna Hole said...

Too true I fear.

.......dhole

Jon Paul said...

Roz--Awesome! And thanks so much for the award!

Tricia--You're welcome.

Brittany--Perhaps. But I say I'd rather know the truth earlier than later. This from the guy who hasn't started his novel either. :D

Brian--totally concur.

Postie--Yeah. I totally have that fear too.

Donna--It's a bit like magic, isn't it.

Thanks all for commenting and for stopping by.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design