Pin Drop

Tuesday, February 23, 2010


"Writing is a product of silence."

~~Carrie Latet










11 bolts from the blue:

Scott said...

I beg to differ! For me, writing is often the product of the music playing in the background.

Tiffany Neal said...

I need some of that quiet right about now...

Christi Goddard said...

Sometimes I need it, sometimes I don't. It depends on my mood.

The Invisible Seductress said...

It would be nice to write in silence. My house is never silent.

Laura said...

That quote is wonderful. Half an hour after I read it, I had an entire blog posted.

Love the "Pin Drop" title!

Liza said...

Yup. I do it in the quiet...please don't try to talk to me.

injaynesworld said...

It's easy enough to silence the outside world. Not so easy to turn off the chaos in my mind.

Postman said...

Maybe it's not just aural silence. Maybe they're talkin' about mental silence as well. Maybe the ideas you get are a product of cacophony and chaos and noise, but to actually sit down and start writin' 'em, maybe you need a bit of peace an' quiet.

Rachel Fenton said...

Well - you learn to imagine silence when no actual quietude exists - least it doesn't in my house!

Just Another Sarah said...

It's a combination of silence and craziness, for me, I think. And contemplation.

Jon Paul said...

All--Yeah, I think silence is more rare than we would all like. For those looking for silence, I hope you found it. For those who don't need it, lucky you! :D

Thanks for commenting and stopping by!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design