Primitive Mover

Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand."

~~George Orwell



 

8 bolts from the blue:

propinquity said...

I'm going to have that tattood on my back.

Lydia Sharp said...

Storytellers... a societal necessity since man's beginning, yet rarely given appreciation as such.

glnroz said...

interesting and true,,

M. Gray said...

So true. I keep thinking writing is not a job for the impatient. Especially writing novels. If we want to get 60k plus words on a page we're looking at months, years. And that's not even talking about the editing...

xoxo said...

Aw now he gives writing a bad name like its the plague or something dreadful. Writing is a perfectly wonderful pass time once you get the hank of it...But seeing as most people who are not writers already underestimate the work put into writing. I shall pretend it is this terrible burden that I was forced to bare. :D

Susan R. Mills said...

Now that is well said! Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping it's all worth it in the end.

Rachel Fenton said...

Orwell wrote one of my favourite books yet I am astounded, knowing what I do about the man, that I can like anything he wrote. Philip Larkin has me much the same. Great quote.

Jon Paul said...

Yeah, I think it's the impatience that does me in. I want it done now--and that drives me up the wall.

Thanks all for stopping by and commenting!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design