Not too long ago, one of my co-workers in the office (hi Erika!) decided it would be fun to get some Sea Monkeys.
I know what you're going to say, and yes, Sea Monkeys are allowed in a Combat Zone under the Geneva Convention as long as you treat them humanely. Which brings me to my next point.
They're dead. Every single one of those little suckers. The office is a bit of a mess now, everyone handling the loss in their own ways.
You see, Erika went on R and R and nobody fed them while she was gone. And their Sea Monkey Souls went up to that too-small barely functional Aquarium (with built in viewing lense) in the Sky.
But we were discussing what we should do with the Bodies. It felt weird somehow to just throw them out. That feeling you get about properly disposing of pets. What is the right thing to do?
Wow. This post has taken a very weird macabre turn I wasn't expecting.
Anyway, we started wondering what a Sea Monkey Graveyard would look like. I decided "Sea Monkey Graveyard" would be a cool name for a band. But you know and I know that I'm way too busy to be in a band, even in one with such a cool name as Sea Monkey Graveyard (first hit number would be "Dying on the Vine in a Too Small Aquarium" BTW).
[Off topic ramble concluded. You may return to your normal programming.]
I'm much too busy because cool writers like Christi over at "A Torch in the Tempest" are giving me awards. Wow! Thanks Christi! I am totally blown away. I mean that. Totally. Blown. Away.
Christi gave me the Creative Writer Award. Thank you so very much, Christi. I'm honored.
I'm not sure what it is I'm doing to deserve such praise, but I'll try to keep doing it. Now I'm supposed to talk about ten things that brighten my day and pass it along to a few worthy folks. So without further adieu:
1. Sea Monkeys. Living, breathing Sea Monkeys.So passing it on is always difficult. There are so many great folks doing great work--some I've gotten to know relatively well considering the short time this blog has been around. I think for this award, I'm going to choose a few fresh faces (at least fresh to me) that have caught my eye recently. Here goes:
2. Comments. The big fat juicy ones are my favorite.
3. Any day without an IED or IDF (InDirect Fire--mortars, rockets, etc.) is pretty bright in my book.
4. My daughter Muffin's laugh.
5. A nap.
6. A beer so ice-cold that it burns my hand to hold it.
7. The way my wife Furnace Girl pretends not to trust me but trusts me implicitly.
8. Good coffee.
9. Reading all your (and when I say "your" I mean YOU) awesome and amazing and incredible blogs.
- Schmidty over at her blog SM Schmidt does some great work! Like this great post recently talking about character identity and clothing choices.
- Anissa has been cranking it out recently at her blog Anissa Off The Record, throwing up posts on writing, recipes and the Super Bowl ads. What's not to like?
- Jade at Jade Hears Voices just cracks me up. I walk away after reading every one of her posts chuckling to myself. Although the guy pics get to be a little much for me, I guess I'm gonna have to live with it. :)
- Bailey over at Abyss has been working hard lately, including some awesome interviews with Kristina McBride, Bree Despain, and Maggie Steifvater, among others!
- Livia Blackburne is a neuroscientist and a fiction writer. She puts up some great material, including this recent 100% Realistic Neuroscience Love Scene.
Thanks again, Christi, for the award, and everyone don't forget to pay her a visit at her cool place too! As always, stay groovy, and thanks for reading.