If you're Irish, you know that St. Patrick's Day is next month--and in my book, that's just around the corner (you may know about St. Paddy's if you're not Irish too :D).
A few of us got to talking and we asked ourselves this question: "What could be better than sitting around on St. Paddy's Day evening drinking a (possibly green) beer?" The answer is simple. Sitting around drinking a (possibly green) beer and reading some great fiction, that's what!
So, following in the footsteps of the Fight Scene Blogfest, and "Love At First Sight" Blogfest, we are announcing the first annual "Drunk At First Sight" Blogfest!
Here's how it will work:
1) Sign up below.
2) Write a new scene or short story, or dust off an old one, about a love/relationship situation that also includes one or more of the following elements:
---St. Paddy's Day as important event or setting
---Use of Ireland or anything Irish as a setting or prop
---An alcohol related event (party, hangover, cocktails, AA meeting, etc.)
3) Just prior to March 17th (St. Pat's Day), post said story to your blog.
4) On St. Paddy's Day, cruise around the interwebs, drink in hand, and check out everybody's amazing fiction.
That's all there is to it! Sounds like great fun--and in keeping with the St. Paddy's Day spirit. These other great bloggers are helping out with the Blogfest as well:
- Emily Cross from The Chronicles of Emily Cross and The Dissident Writers
- The Postman from The Sententious Vaunter
- Bone from Cruising Altitude
- Scott from A Writer's Blog