"Drunk At First Sight" Blogfest!!!--SIGN UP NOW!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

I haven't had a beer in six months.  The picture on the right is really making my mouth water.

If you're Irish, you know that St. Patrick's Day is next month--and in my book, that's just around the corner (you may know about St. Paddy's if you're not Irish too :D).

A few of us got to talking and we asked ourselves this question:  "What could be better than sitting around on St. Paddy's Day evening drinking a (possibly green) beer?"  The answer is simple.  Sitting around drinking a (possibly green) beer and reading some great fiction, that's what!

So, following in the footsteps of the Fight Scene Blogfest, and "Love At First Sight" Blogfest, we are announcing the first annual "Drunk At First Sight" Blogfest! 

Here's how it will work:

1)  Sign up below.

2)  Write a new scene or short story, or dust off an old one, about a love/relationship situation that also includes one or more of the following elements:

     ---St. Paddy's Day as important event or setting
     ---Use of Ireland or anything Irish as a setting or prop
     ---An alcohol related event (party, hangover, cocktails, AA meeting, etc.)

3)  Just prior to March 17th (St. Pat's Day), post said story to your blog.

4)  On St. Paddy's Day, cruise around the interwebs, drink in hand, and check out everybody's amazing fiction.

That's all there is to it!  Sounds like great fun--and in keeping with the St. Paddy's Day spirit.  These other great bloggers are helping out with the Blogfest as well:
The DAFS Blogfest promises to be fun for the whole family.  No really.  The first (virtual) round is on us.  Sign up below, and spread the word.  The more, the merrier.  Let's raise our glasses on high and make this Blogfest a great one! 

17 bolts from the blue:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Oh, boy. I may just have to get in this fest. Slainte!

Jon Paul said...

Hi Tricia--I was having some trouble getting the autolink to work. I think it's fixed now. You can sign up above.

Thanks for stopping in. I think this is going to be a fun one!

Postman said...

Count me in!

I feel slightly guilty. I just got back from a night on the town with the peeps. Yet another reason to be thankful for them selfless armed forces personnel, putting their lives on the line WITHOUT the benefit of beer.

Running my announcement tomorrow morning...

propinquity said...

Well, now, how could I resist a challenge like this?

The Invisible Seductress said...

I'm in!! Sounds like fun!!! Thanks!!!!!!

Just Another Sarah said...

I'm in...I have no idea what I'll post, but I'm discovering more and more that I can't pass up a challenge!

Chasing the Moon said...

No, thank YOU! This does sound like a good time! I don't have anything to post for this and I don't actually like beer. BUT I will be lurking that day, I'm sure.

Have fun!

I'm curious, what tickets???

Claire Dawn said...

Have an Irish neighbour up here! This blogfest can not miss me! :D

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

How very clever. Definitely sounds like a fun blogfest. I'll hold off signing up for the moment, since I'll be going on bloggy hiatus soon to better prepare for querying and may not be back in time to catch the blogfest. But please be sure to post reminders!

Christi Goddard said...

Sounds like fun. Unfortunately, I cannot participate for religious reasons. I hope you all enjoy yourselves, though.

Chasing the Moon said...

I just realized that my comment starts out all wrong...lol. I meant thank you for stopping by my blog and following me. I'm really not rude!

Just Another Sarah said...

I gave your blogfest a shout out, today... :)

Dread Pirate Lainey said...

I can't wait! Although my writing blog is a livejournal, is that ok?

Summer said...

Can't wait for this...so many to choose from!

Terresa said...

Tricia mentioned you on her blog so of course (being both bloggy & writerly) I had to check you out.

Great stuff going on here, I enjoy Blogfests immensely, both as a writer and visitor!

Tara said...

I don't think my link above works, but I contibuted an entry. My MC is a stick in the mud most times, so this was fun.

Valerie said...

I've written other things since the start of this, so here's the permalink to the entry in case it drops off the page: http://candleinsunshine.com/asthemoonclimbs/?p=319#content

This was so fun! Must do another soon.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design