The Art of Discovery

Sunday, March 28, 2010

"The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar and familiar things new."

~~Samuel Johnson











9 bolts from the blue:

Yvonne said...

I like the quote. S. Johnson was pretty darn amazing.

sarahjayne smythe said...

Great quote. And that picture? Wow. Amazing. :)

Claire Dawn said...

Nice quote, and so relevant, considering your post about moving back home.

Lydia Sharp said...

That is my new favorite quote!

Liza said...

All aspiring writers should repeat this quote 10 times a day...

Pat Tillett said...

the quote is fantastic..the photo is beyond that!

Darlyn said...

Awesome quote. It really captures the struggles of writers.

Postman said...

Eminently quotable guy, old SJ. And now I've got yet another thing to strive for in my writing. First I had to eliminate adverbs, now I've got to make new things familiar and familiar things new. Bugger it all.

Jon Paul said...

Yvonne--I concur.

Sarahjayne, Claire--Thanks!

Lydia--Awesome!

Liza--Yeah, I agree. I think maybe I'll post this one on my wall.

Pat, Darlyn--Thanks.

Postie--Hah hah. Yeah, it does feel a little like a lot to juggle, doesn't it?

Thank you all for stopping by.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design