Sleight of Hand

Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Drama, instead of telling us the whole of a man's life, must place him in such a situation, tie such a knot, that when it is untied, the whole man is visible."

~~Leo Tolstoy










6 bolts from the blue:

SM Schmidt said...

Quotes like these make me long to read War & Peace but then I remember how heavy that book is and change my mind.

Portia said...

It is a lovely quote. I wish I could write like that!

Rachel Fenton said...

Why is it that War and Peace is STILL on my list of to read?


Great quote! Hope they are inspiring you!

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

I found your blog by way Summer's and I wanted to say hello. I see you're reading In Cold Blood. It's one of my favorites -- in fact, I've been reading a lot of Capote recently. What a genius he was! I finished Breakfast at Tiffany's a few days ago. Every paragraph of that novella is a fantastic lesson in description and voice.

Looking forward to reading more from you!

Postman said...

That's good fiction. You wring people out like wet rags and squeeze the truth of human existence out of them.

I like the photo...

Jon Paul said...

Schmidty--Yeah, I'm with you. I've never got through that tome either. Maybe someday.

Portia--You and me both sister.

Rachel--They do, and it's doubly fun to share them.

Nicki--Cool. Might have to put BaT on my TBR too. I'm certainly enjoying "In Cold Blood".

Postie--True dat. Thanks.

Thank you all for stopping in and for commenting!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design