Special Equipment

Thursday, March 4, 2010

"The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shockproof shit detector. This is the writer's radar and all great writers have had it."

~~Ernest Hemingway











5 bolts from the blue:

M. Gray said...

Okay, that looks like a picture from hell. Love the quote.

j.m. neeb said...

My college Poetry professor taught us that quote and I still love it because it rings true.

Postman said...

The corollary is (according to James N. Frey, author of "How to Write a Damn Good Novel"--VERY helpful resource, rivaling your own blog, JP) "If YOU THINK it's lousy, it probably is."

Jon Paul said...

M,--Yeah, I thought the pic was a little odd, and my BS detector was out of order at the time.

JM--True dat.

Postie--Concur. The problem I often have is when I think it's awesome but it's actually lousy. Still working on that one. :D

Thanks guy for stopping in.

Donna Hole said...

LMAO! Now I can go to bed and have good dreams.

.........dhole

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design