[EXPLETIVE DELETED]

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very;" your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.

~~Mark Twain

















6 bolts from the blue:

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Ha! I always wonder about cursing in my stories, especially since I write YA. And I realized it's more than the genre. Some stories call for it, and some don't. But Twain was damn brilliant.

KM said...

Haha! Mark Twain was such a jerk but really funny. Gotta give it to him - he always knew what to say.

Eric W. Trant said...

Twain also hated adjectives and adverbs. Can't go wrong following advice from a guy like that!

- Eric

Lola Sharp said...

I try hard not to use the qualifiers, but they find their way in my writing, like ninjas.

Great quote.

JP said...

Carol--That he was.

KM--Knowing what to say is not yet a skill I've mastered.

Eric--True.

Lola--They are very very very ninja-like.

...

See?

Thanks all for stopping by and for commenting!

Meghan Ward said...

Great quote! I didn't know Mark Twain was a jerk. Now I want to learn more about him.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design