Yet I'm not melancholy. On the contrary, I'm in a fine mood. This soul is feeling a groove that comes only after long days of reflection. It's a vibe that has a certain earthy mahogany quality to it--no humor in the air, no room for innuendo or levity, but possessed of miles and miles of tranquility, and just a little sliver of sheik (for good good measure).
In that spirit, I give you first a little Link Love, then a taste of something special for your weekend.
- Lola over at Sharp Pen/Dull Sword is running a really cool contest. Go check it out.
- Have a gander at this great post at A Squirrel Amongst Lions outlining the ins and outs of using internet photos on your blog.
- Shannon Messenger (who recently earned representation with her dream agent!) put up this outstanding post about looking back and realizing how much progress you've made toward your writing goals. I found this post truly inspiring!
- Simon posted this great list of Twitter tips over at his place, Constant Revision. Thanks Simon! (At the moment, I'm eying the Twitterverse carefully to determine my best point of entry, so this was a very helpful post).
- Lady Glamis discusses word verifications, and I think she's absolutely right. I just turned mine off!
There! That should give your Friday a good kick in the pants and get your weekend off on the right foot! Stay groovy, and thanks for stopping by.