Friday Link Love: Feeling Good

Friday, April 9, 2010

Somehow I missed fronting a Friday Link Love post last week.  I think it was the whole brouhaha over my corny but not humorous April Fool's Day stunt.  Or something else.  Who knows.  And to top it off, I'm not much in the humorous mood today.  Yes, I have jokes, but I'm in no mood to tell jokes.

Yet I'm not melancholy.  On the contrary, I'm in a fine mood.  This soul is feeling a groove that comes only after long days of reflection.  It's a vibe that has a certain earthy mahogany quality to it--no humor in the air, no room for innuendo or levity, but possessed of miles and miles of tranquility, and just a little sliver of sheik (for good good measure).

In that spirit, I give you first a little Link Love, then a taste of something special for your weekend.
Thank you everyone for making this a rockin' week.  Now, please enjoy one of my all time favs: Nina Simone singing "Feeling Good".



There! That should give your Friday a good kick in the pants and get your weekend off on the right foot!  Stay groovy, and thanks for stopping by.

11 bolts from the blue:

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

I love the word brouhaha. Great links! Happy Friday!

Christi Goddard said...

Thanks for the links. Good luck with the book sorting. :-)

glnroz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie Geary said...

Lady Glamis made such a strong argument for the word verification I turned mine off too!! She should become a politician. :D

Heather said...

Thanks for the links! Also, Twitter is definitely awesome. I learn so much from other writers and agents, and am constantly motivated by the amazing people on there. So you should definitely stop eying and just join.

Lola Sharp said...

I am a major Nina fan. (so you win...but she doesn't sing the Lola song I needed.)

I loved "a certain earthy mahogany quality"...great line.

Thanks for the Linkage Love.

Please make it an awesome weekend!
Love,
Lola

Liza said...

Glad for your serenity...thanks for the links...and let us know what you decide about Twitter. I spend some time there today investigating (yes, via Simon's post). I get how it should work, but reading the tweets confused the heck out of me!

Meghan Ward said...

LOVE Nina Simone! Thanks for that. Your blog doesn't update on my bloglines account - dunno why - so I'm always behind reading your posts.

Christine H said...

As a Cleveland native, I have to say how cool it is that you have a photo from the now-extinct Cleveland Press on your blog.

Christine H said...

Hey, I also mentioned you on my blog today. So come over and check it out.

Have a great weekend!

Anissa said...

Great links! I'm off to check them out. :)

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design