Friday Link Love: What Day Is It Again?

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The subtitle of this post is "Fly Away".  The sub-sub title for this post is "With all this Texas heat, wouldn't it be fun to go snowboarding?"  Patience, grasshopper.  All will be made clear.

See, I am writing this from a crowded jetway at Bush International Airport in Houston, Texas.  Yeah, I'm on the road again.  The last week has been a whirlwind of calls and emails to a veritable army of people straightening out my travel plans and the details of our move to Sicily.  At the moment, we are set to depart around the first week of June, but based on the various perambulations observed in the last several days, that might still change.

No, I won't be missing all this travel hoop-jumping when it finally comes time to retire in two years time; it'll be nice to kick the feet up and stay in one spot for awhile.

Nonetheless, I am still managing to find it fun now.  My current travel takes me first back to the scene of the crime--Norfolk, Virginia--for some swim training, and then I head down to my hometown, San Antonio, next week for two weeks of ground school.

All these events promise to be fun and challenging and are only slightly marred by the fact that they keep me from writing.  But we can't have everything, can we?  In the meantime, Furnace Girl will keep the home fires burning, and we've asked Muffin to take over troublemaker duties (my usual role), an endeavor she has taken on with gusto.

In all the hubbub, I didn't get a Friday Link Love post up this week, so here I present a very special, once-in-a-lifetime Sunday edition of Friday Link Love (in trying to cover up my tardiness by selling this as something special, I'm hearing a line from that old U2 song in my head: "You can sew it up, but you still see the tear".  :)  At the rate I've been going recently, maybe I should start calling it Monthly Link Love.  Hmmm......the metallic sound you hear is the noise of the cogs in my brain working.

But today's post is a veritable Link-a-Pa-Looza.  In fact, I've been sitting on a bunch of links for awhile, so here is a pretty hefty list.  I hope you enjoy.


Now for dessert:



Have a great Sunday. Stay groovy and thanks for stopping by!

17 bolts from the blue:

Jenna Wallace said...

Oh yes, been there with the international move. Good luck and enjoy those first few minutes on the airplane when you realize it is finally all arranged and you can breathe again.

And I just read 'The Dragonfly' and absolutely loved it. Gorgeous writing!

Anne Tyler Lord said...

Wow! You live a very busy and interesting life! I wish you luck on your training and international move. There should be lots of good material there for writing!

Thanks for including me in your Link Love - I am very honored.

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Thanks for the link love and good luck with the move! I hate moving, but I can't even imagine the logistics involved in an international move.

Kerrie said...

Thanks for the great list of links and thanks for the mention to my post--greatly appreciated. Good luck with your new ventures and hopefully you can squeeze in some time for writing.

~Kerrie

Jon Paul said...

Thanks guys! I'm in Baltimore now. I just realized I've been in this airport six times since March 3rd. I travel too much!

On the Link Love, I'll say what I always say: it's easy to recommend quality. Thanks for your contributions to the community. It's certainly helped me tons!

Thanks for stopping by.

Elaine AM Smith said...

I was reading along imagining what it must be like to move and travel and all-things a million miles from the roots-in-concrete life I lead when I saw my name! Me?! Thank you for the mention - much appreciated. Good luck with the more Triffid-like existence. ;)

Jon Paul said...

Elaine--Thanks and sure thing! I really loved that post, so it was easy to share.

Thanks for stopping in and commenting.

michael~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michael~ said...

Hey,

I really enjoy your blog JP. Honest, inspiring and affective. Bravo!

All the best to you,

michael-

PS. where did that saying on your header re: empire come from????

Jon Paul said...

Michael--Thanks!

I stole it from Napoleon. To me, it works well for writing. I feel like success is an uphill battle and there is a hair's breadth between making it and not--so the aphorism seems to fit.

Thanks for paying WSMG a visit and taking the time to comment.

Liza said...

Safe travels, JP.

Tara said...

I think you're managing side projects remarkably well for someone SO busy ;)

Jon Paul said...

Liza--Thanks!

Tara--I do what I can, ya know?

Thanks for stopping in ladies.

Lola Sharp said...

You are such a rockstar! You really do get a lot done for the busy guy you are.
Thanks for the links.:)

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Goodness you are on the move a lot! Safe travels, guy.

Thanks for all links. I haven't seen a lot of these.

You know I've never snowboarded. It looks very scary and dangerous. Like maybe you could break your neck doing it. Perhaps I shall try it someday :)

By the way, how do you manage to blog being so busy? I think you must be a superhero.

Jon Paul said...

You both are too kind. It's just little ol' me doing my thing.

Carol, I've snowboarded a few times. It's a ton of fun!

Thanks for the comments!

Donna Hole said...

Don't do a monthly Link-love post. I do a version of this on Mondays, and trust me, a week is plenty!

Nice to see I'm not the only one posting last this week, though I don't have as good an excuse.

Those are some great links, and I'll be diving right in. Thanks.

I'm excited for you to get to move somewhere so far away and exciting. You'll enjoy Italy, and have lots to post/write about during your tour. I look forward to hearing all about it.

Have fun in training.

........dhole

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design