Pardon my dust--ahem!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yeah, as you can see, I put up a new custom template--one I've been working hard on.  I know you know how these things go, so I hope you'll pardon the interruption as there are a few technical difficulties still left to attend to.  Nothing major, but a few unexpecteds.

Feedback on the new digs is appropriate and appreciated, and hopefully it won't be long before I've moved on from web design to my real assigned task: writing.

Hope your week is going well.  Cheers!








13 bolts from the blue:

Pat Tillett said...

Very nice!

Jon Paul said...

Thanks Pat. I appreciate it.

Meant to mention to you that I took a gander at some of your pics and liked what I saw.

sarahjayne smythe said...

Very nice. Clean and crisp and I love the header. :)

Claire Dawn said...

So appropriate considering the name of the blog too. Perfect!

Scott said...

I like the new digs. I've been meaning to do the same . . . just haven't found the time, or the courage to attempt a design of my own!

S

Crimey said...

The new digs are clean, very organized. Nice design.

Amalia T. said...

Looks great!! Very nice!

Summer said...

Looks nice; is it designed on a widescreen monitor? Just wondered, because it's just a hair too wide to fit on my screen without a scrollbar. No biggie, just thought I'd mention it.

Jon Paul said...

Sahahjayne, Claire, Crimey, Amalia--Thank you!

Scott--Frankly, I don't blame you. If I'd known all the fiddling and tweaking that was involved in putting together a custom template, I might not have attempted it.

Summer--Thanks for the feedback. I made a few adjustments. Did it fix the scrollbar problem?

Thank you all for stopping by and commenting.

Travener said...

Looks cool. Wish I were technically adept enough to do something similar.

Summer said...

There's still a scrollbar, but it's just for white space and a bit of the header. I think it's probably the header that's making it just a few pixels too wide.

Jon Paul said...

Travener--Thanks man! Those two semesters I spent in college pursuing a major in Computer Science are paying off I guess. Now if I could just get back to using that English degree! ;)

Summer--Thanks too. I think it's the header photo. I'll see if I can make additional adjustments at home tonight. I appreciate your pointing it out to me.

Meghan Ward said...

I wish I could see the old design to compare because I forget now what the header was on the other, but I like the clean look of the posts on this one a lot.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design