The Sophisticated Mr. Lampshade

Friday, April 16, 2010

Off the bat, I'd like to get something out of the way: I've been suspecting for quite sometime that I could eat a twenty-minute brownie in ten minutes. No really. I haven't put it to the test yet, but I really think I could do it.  I'm just saying.

Oh, and also, I feel as a service to the public I should make it clear that I had my poetic license revoked some years ago, as evidenced by this recent weak weak offering of mine.

And I heard somewhere that pages with the words "This page left blank." on them are not really blank.  Rumor, yes, but somehow believable.

OK.

At this point, I'm sure you can see how transparent I am, how I am simply trying to distract you from a disturbing fact: I don't have anything substantive to put up today.  No.  It's just not going to happen.

And, in breaking news, I've made the decision to start doing Friday Link Love every two weeks instead of once a week.  Beefier posts that way.  Fewer jokes needed.

Plus Furnace Girl and I are still knee deep--quite literally--with packing for our transfer to Sicily--getting passports and visas and figuring out how to ship two pets overseas and what-not.  So, much as I love you (and much as you love me--I know that goes without saying but there, I said it!), I don't have the time to give you a quality product.

So instead, I give you this (Really. For your own good, you must watch it all the way to the end WARNING: Contains a little profanity, but all for a good cause).



Have a great weekend!

P.S.  Any interest at all in my putting up a post sharing some of my template building experiences?  There are a ton of resources on the web, but I am happy to throw down some lessons learned if there's an appetite for it.  'Cuz that's how I roll!

Stay groovy and thanks for stopping by.

17 bolts from the blue:

Portia said...

OK, that Spider thing was the funniest thing I've seen all week! I might have to watch it again.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Bwahahahahaha! They had me at first. What a brilliant video.

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

Hi there! I followed a link to your blog from Lola's -- so glad I did! Your post cracked me up, and the wood spider video was hilarious. I look forward to reading much more from you!

Have a wonderful weekend!
~Nicole~

Amalia T. said...

Good luck getting everything prepared for the move!

Elaine AM Smith said...

Are you going to Scicily to live - full time? The island near Italy? alchohol and I say wow - slowly!

Christi Goddard said...

LOL. The crack spider's bitch. I totally want a t-shirt that says that now.

elizabeth said...

LOL, silly spiders... Be safe in your travels! :)

SonshineMusic i.e. Rebecca T. said...

I am SO glad you found your way over to my blog. You had me laughing from the first paragraph. Oh goodness. I made my sister come read it and then we watched the video. Too hysterical. Thanks for sharing :D

Rachel Fenton said...

Totally get where you're coming from with the blog less - ness. You've got to do what you've got to do.

Best of luck with the move!

Claire Dawn said...

So the moral? Do crack and life is beautiful??? :S

ROFL!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Hahahahahaha!!!! That was hilarious. Nice web, crack spider. hahahaha!

HOW did you find this.

Good luck with the trip to Sicily! How long will you be living there? How perfectly awesome.

kimberlyloomis said...

Omg - that video was awesome! Poor little THC spider.... bwahahahaha Is it wrong the first thing I thought of with the LSD spider was "Men Who Stare at Goats". If you haven't seen it - do so. Immediately. :) Good luck with your packing and arranging!

Donna Hole said...

That was an outrageous video!

On to your question about posting your blog building technique - yes yes yes. I'll answer for everyone else who was distracted by the marijuanna spider. :)

Hope you packing went well this weekend.

........dhole

Jon Paul said...

Portia--Happy to have given you a laugh.

Tricia--It really sucks you in, right?

Nicole--Wow! Thanks for joining the festivities.

Amalia--Thanks. It's going well thus far.

Elaine--Yes, full time. We're looking forward to it.

Jon Paul said...

Elizabeth--Thank you.

Rebecca--Glad to give you guys a good chuckle to start your weekend.

Rachel--Yeah, it's kind of disheartening, isn't it? Thanks for the well wishes.

Claire--That is EXACTLY the moral.

Carol--Dug it up somewhere along the way.

Kimberly--Poor little THC spider indeed. Thanks. I'm sure there'll be more blow by blow on the packing before the week is done.

Donna--OK. I'll put a little primer together--nothing too involved but I do think it'll be helpful to put all the resources in one spot.

Thank you all for dropping in and taking the time to contribute a comment. Hope your week is off to a great start.

Meghan Ward said...

Love that video. And I would definitely be interested in a post about your template customization - which you may have already written by now!

Meghan Ward said...

P.S. I've considered ditching my Link Love altogether because it's so time consuming, but I do like to let people know about other great posts. I think every two weeks is a good compromise.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design