The Worst Poem Ever Written

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A funny little set of stanzas that a buddy and I "wrote" one summer when we were bored.  And we were really bored.  Can you tell?



Silo
By you know who


please please please
iron butterfly
cry not
for the torn metaphor


because meaning lays buried
like missiles
in the silos
of our souls


boom


boom


boom


sha-boom!


~fin~

*bows*

Would you like to take this opportunity to share your really bad writing/poetry/disasters with the group?  Hope you're having a rockin' Wednesday!

8 bolts from the blue:

Valerie Geary said...

This was epic. Especially the last line. "sha-boom!" :D Loved it!

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

Oooh I have a whole binder full from my high school days. But no need to post any and embarrass myself. I do enough of that. ;)

I kinda like in the silos of our souls.

Emily Cross said...

LOL, i love the sound affects!!

Charmaine Clancy said...

Wow. I hadn't even considered what I might be hiding in the silo of my soul, I don't think it'd be a missile though, that's a guy thing - I think I just got the metaphor *blushes*.

Donna Hole said...

Hmm, tempting.

I doubt I could find any of it now. I'll just kick back and enjoy your moment.

......dhole

Cate P said...

Ummm, great metaphor. I really can't compete with that...

Jon Paul said...

Valerie--I think the last line is the only thing it had going for it.

Karen--I showed you mine so...OK, we won't go there, but really you should share. It's a big help when we see how far we've come.

Emily--I grew up in the Star Wars era. Nothing is anything without good noise.

Chaarmaine--You won't believe me--because I'm a guy and I'm a Navy guy and I'm a PILOT (OMG!) and, well you get the picture--but I had never ever until this moment thought there was anything remotely sexual about this poem. Either I'm absolutely clueless or you're seeing mirages. Personally, I'd go with the former.

Donna--Thanks. That's nice, and what's intended.

Cate--Yeah, see my note to Charmaine above...unless...nevermind!

Thanks guys for stopping by and commenting!

Meghan Ward said...

The editor in me wants to change "lays" to "lies." I have some awful poems somewhere. Will have to dig them up.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design