All In A Day's Work

Thursday, May 6, 2010

First, Nashville needs help.  Go check out Do The Write Thing For Nashville, a site where goodies for writers are being auctioned off to raise funds for the hard hit area.  Southern Princess, Courtney Barr has more details about the devastation down there.  It doesn't look pretty, so let's all pitch in and do what we can.

Also,  go check out Tricia at Talespinning's contest.  It's a good one!

And I'm just back from surviving the helo dunker.  My skin is still tingling!  It was so much fun, I just had to post of up this video to give you a taste of what it was like.  Enjoy!



Have a great Thursday.

14 bolts from the blue:

DL Hammons said...

Cool stuff there!! Heeee haaaawww!!!

Jon Paul said...

Yeah, it's pretty fun, and a definite improvement over flying a desk. Next week: ground school. Not as cool as this, but moving in the right direction.

With any luck, I'll be back in the air mid-June. Life is pretty good right now.

Now if this WIP of mine would stop giving me fits and starts, all would be good.

Thanks for taking the time to pay me a visit man. I truly appreciate it.

Jenna Wallace said...

This is so cool. Of course, I'd probably hurl. But I like telling myself that I'd own this! Thanks for sharing it.

Liza said...

Yeow!

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

Yeah...we may need to question your sanity J.P......

;o)

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

Jon Paul said...

Jenna--You'd own it. I can feel it.

Liza--It looks worse than it is.

Courtney--It's a little late for that. :)

Ladies, thank you so kindly for giving me a sliver of your afternoon. Have a great day!

Portia said...

Oh God, my heart is in my stomach. You're a braver person than I. That looks like a nightmare I might have. Way to go :-)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Hey, thanks for that link to the contest. :)

I just had to watch the video and freak myself out wondering what it would be like blindfolded! Holy Toledo, you're job is awesome.

Jon Paul said...

Portia--It really is fun--like an amusement park ride, only under water. :)

Tricia--Sure thing. Yeah it is. I have to remember to tell myself that every day.

Many thank yous, both of you, for stopping in.

Lydia Kang said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog.
As for the video...uh...that's like my worst nightmare. At least it's just practice, yikes!

Christi Goddard said...

Thanks for the links. I was trying to outbid Miss Snark. We'll see how that works out in a couple of days.

Claire Dawn said...

That looks like one of the tamer things they'd make you do. (Can you tell I've been in the military? lol)

Tabitha Bird said...

Awesome. I will check it out :)

Lola Sharp said...

I would hurl, when that thing flips you around.
But I would rather do this than jump out a plane. I don't love heights.

I assume you passed with flying colors?

Have a wonderful weekend!
Lola

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design