Frequent Flyer

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Writers are just people who have a whole lot on the inside that they need to get to the outside, with pen and paper as their preferred method of transport. Same with dancers, artists, and singers - all the same urges with differing transportation."

~~Graycie Harmon









5 bolts from the blue:

j.m. neeb said...

Love the quote. I think that, we, as writers, are generally the "still waters run deep" crowd. People might not realize how much we have going on inside, but that is where the writing comes into play.

It's funny (well, not in the humorous definition...) you put this quote up, because I was just asked ten minutes ago about where I get the ideas for Ducks Out Of A Row. I pretty much gave the first part of that quote as my answer. "I just have a lot of thoughts and ideas inside, so I write about them."

The coincidences like that in life always leave me amazed.

SM Schmidt said...

That is a wonderful quote. Thanks Jon, reading that helped motivate me to tackle the chapter that refuses to behave in rewrites.

Jo Schaffer said...

I like that. True.
An agent has four of my chapters--I just hope that whatever was in me that came out is of interest to her. (=

kimberlyloomis said...

What a wonderful and accurate quote. Thanks so much for sharing. It serves as an excellent reminder to the artist why they continue on the journey they're on.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
Yves Saint Laurent
Tory Burch
Christian Louboutin
Men's Shoes
Women's Shoes
New Arrivals

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design