Of Mice And Mentions

Monday, June 14, 2010

Howdy, gang!

A quick note today, as Furnace Girl, The Muffin and I are still in the sleep-now, sleep-later throes of Lag de Jet, among other things.

In the last few days, we've discovered that hotel life isn't for the faint of heart, and we're in the process of learning a canoe-full of wonderful things about this place called Sicily.  Oh, and we've been looking for a place to live too.  Mustn't forget that little item on the Honey-Do list.

So today, I'd like to direct your attention out the windows on the right side of the WSMG tour bus to a (pretty amazing, if you ask me) post by the Authoress where she lays down the most persuasive argument I've yet read/heard for making writing a career, not just a hobby.

If you haven't had a chance to stop by and follow Miss Snark's First Victim, you really should.  The Authoress consistently dispenses cut-straight-to-the-bone pointers like the wisdom in the post above, and she hosts a number of fun writing contests and critique sessions sure to expand the knowledge of even the most erudite among you.  I know I always walk away with a useful nugget or two.

Be sure to stop by and say hello.  Oh, and one other thing: how you doin' on this fine June Tuesday?  :)

10 bolts from the blue:

Lola Sharp said...

We want pictures of Sicily! ;) And of the food.

I hope you find a dreamy place to live--fast.

Authoress said...

Thanks for the lovely mention, Jon Paul! :)

Jon Paul said...

Lola--Patience, glasshopper.

Authoress--My pleasure. It's like I always say: it's the easiest thing in the world to recommend high quality material.

Thanks ladies for stopping by.

j.m. neeb said...

Thanks for sharing The Authoress' post! I stopped by there and found it to be quite inspirational. When I have a bit more time, I think I'm going to check out her other stuff... but first I need to catch up on the blogs I already follow!

BTW, this fine June Tuesday is going rather well so far, since you asked. My new schedule is to update the Ducks on Mon, Wed and Fri's -- which means no posting today -- so I'm making the rounds and seeing what's all going on. A lot of good content out there. :)

Claire Dawn said...

Thanks Jon Paul! That was a fab link!

I'm trying to save money, and my most incredible temptation is Italy, and lo and behold, 2 of my friends move there. :( ACK!

Jon Paul said...

JM--I understand the dilemma. There is a ton of great stuff out there.

Claire--I think I mentioned it already, but if you decide to cruise this direction, let me know. We can certainly give you some pointers, and a get together might be doable too, depending on your plans.

Guys, grazie for the comments, and hope your days are going well.

Jo Schaffer said...

(= I will check out her blog.

DL Hammons said...

That will be my next click! Good luck on the home hunt!!

Jon Paul said...

Jo, DL--Thanks, and thanks for stopping by!

Portia said...

I love Miss Snark's First Victim! Talk about giving back to the writing community. I'll have to hop over and check out her post.

Hope your Tuesday was great--and your Wednesday even better!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design