Say It's Possible

Thursday, June 17, 2010

When I think about publishing a novel, this is my soundtrack.



What's yours?

10 bolts from the blue:

j.m. neeb said...

If I'm going straight up theme "song," it's gotta be "Gonna Fly Now" (theme for Rocky).

If it's more of a "mantra," I like to remind myself that there are men and women in worse situations than myself who are going out and doing great things in this world... so what's my excuse?

Oh, and another one which I picked up from somewhere along the line is "In twenty years you will either have a list of things you accomplished, or a list of excuses why you didn't. The choice is yours." (I might have paraphrased that, but the message remains the same.)

Robin said...

You find the best stuff on YouTube. I am afraid I am going to have to steal that one and use it on my HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY dedications at some point. That was awesome. I like Martina McBride's "Anyways." I also like Nickelback's "If Today Was Your Last Day." There are probably more but those are the first tow that come to mind.

Jo Schaffer said...

I'm cracking up that the person above said the Rocky theme-- because the first thought I had was Eye Of the Tiger (Rocky 3)... maybe because I just recently rented and watched all the Rocky movies consecutively. (= My sons loooved them.

Lola Sharp said...

Dude, it's not only possible, but I'm betting on you to go the distance. Top of the charts, JP.

Now get writing!

I have songs for nearly everything...but I hadn't thought of a personal I'm-gonna-get-published theme song. Let me think on that and get back to you.

Donna Hole said...

Yeah, like that. I'll have to listen to this a few times throughout my rejection process.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Do you listen to this while you're house hunting too?

........dhole

Claire Dawn said...

Almost There by Tiana in Disney's Princess and the Frog. Although I seem to like the Japanese version, Ato mo sukoshi, better.

Liza said...

Hmmm, I'm going to have to think about an inspirational song now.

Christine H said...

Mine is "Hope has a place" by Enya. "Hope has a place in a lover's heart." Just substitute "writer" for "lover."

Corny, but that's what I think of!

Catherine Denton said...

Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield

Peggy Shumway said...

There are so many songs, I wouldn't know which to choose as my publishing song.

BTW, I've left you an award on my blog.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design