Coming Out Of Hibernation

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yes, I am alive.

If I may steal a witticism from Twain: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."  :D

In fact, life has been very good to me these last few months and, excepting a conspicous lack of internet access which has so rudely and inexplicably interrupted my online life (as you dear reader have no doubt already noted), I have absolutely no complaints.

On the contrary, our new life here in sunny Sicily has taken root, truly.  The road to and from work is well travelled, beds made, candles lit, boxes unpacked, books and parcels placed, pictures hung, floors swept, mopped, made to shine in the lavalamp glow of our wondrous Mediterranean light, produce markets explored, fresh vegetables pawed and purchased, wines and beers sipped and savored, bedtime stories shared, and all the indescribable little things that make life worth living have been appreciated.  It's been an amazing kind of miracle, really; the kind that's hard to talk about without breaking into a knowing grin.

I have much to share with you and am excited to be "alive" again.  We have found a solution, though imperfect, to the internet access problem and so I will begin posting regularly, and will be around to your blogs in a jiffy to see what you've been up to.  In fact, let me pose the question: what have you been up to?  You see, I missed you--terribly!--and, like a distant cousin or long lost friend just returned from an extended journey, I feel the need to curl up next to the fire and bask in the stories and tales you no doubt have to share.

The writing, you ask?  Well, let us talk more about that in due time, shall we?  Suffice to say that though my word count is low--strike that! Virtually nonexistent better describes it--I have done much which I think counts toward the overall goal of perfecting my writing craft.  Trust me on this one.  Sometimes doing something looks alot like doing nothing.

So I pledge there will be more to follow--the proverbial end of the story, we'll call it.  And one last thought before I get down to business: it's good to be back!

13 bolts from the blue:

Christi Goddard said...

Welcome back! To live life is equally as important to writing about it. To experience new things and find a new way of seeing the world only improves our writing. It sounds like you've been having a fabulous time.

Liza said...

Yea JP! I was wondering about you and worrying about you last week. So glad that your experiencee in Italy has been wonderful. Looking forward to reading more soon!

glnroz said...

well lookie here.. i do say,, glad you are "plugged" back in.

Jo Schaffer said...

There you are! What an adventure you're on. (=

Lola Sharp said...

Yeah, even when I'm showering or loading the dishwasher, I'm 'writing'. Husband and Kid don't always appreciate that I'm 'elsewhere' most of the time.

Nice to see you post, my friend.

Love,
Lola

Travener said...

Great to hear from you again. Buona fortuna nella isola bella di Sicilia!

Anne R. Allen said...

Good to hear from you. We expect all your missives to be deliciously sun-ripened and glowing with Sicilian charm.

DL Hammons said...

Welcome back to the land of 1's and 0's! Pictures! We want picture!!! :)

Pat Tillett said...

Hey there! Happy to see you here and overjoyed to hear that things are going well for you.
I'm also looking forward to hearing of your adventure...

Emily Cross said...

Welcome back, can't wait to hear all about your new life :)

Donna Hole said...

Dude; sounds like you have been really living in your life. Awesome. And doing writerly activities, without actually writing, is still furthering your craft. Sometimes you just gotta let it all sink in.

And it seems you've been soaking up some atmosphere, scenery, and assimilating a new culture. Can't wait to read all about your new life, and what writing insights you've learned.

Welcome back.

.........dhole

Claire Dawn said...

Welcome back!

This weekend I go to my first writers conference! Psyched!

Jon Paul said...

Christi--So true, although sometimes I have trouble remembering that piece of advice.

Liza--Thanks! Yeah, it is nice to be back, and I have plenty to talk about. Loved your post yesterday BTW.

Glen--Nice to see you too, my friend.

Jo--No kidding. I still pinch myself from time to time.

Lola--Yeah, it's a curious condition, and I'm still learning its ins and outs.

Trav--Grazie! The Italian comes--but slowly!

Anne--I'll see what I can do! :D

DL--I am so tardy on getting pictures up, it isn't even funny, but I'll make it a priority next week.

Pat--Thank you, my man!

Emily--Good to see you too!

Donna--Yeah, gotta think: Sponge! Sponge! and soak it all in.

Claire--Congrats. Of course we want a full report when you get back!

Thank you all for stopping by and giving me such a warm welcome back to the fold. And of course, for staying groovy! :D

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design