My Writing Space--The Final Frontier

Monday, November 1, 2010

So on this bright new NaNo month morning--first day! Yeah!--Summer is hosting a "Show Your Space Blogfest."  What a cool and simple idea to get to know your fellow writers better, right?

Here's mine:


I call it the final frontier because it is the last room in the house to get cleaned after moving in (hmmm....could it be that it actually got cleaned up, if only a bit, for this here blogfest?  Enquiring minds would like to know, wouldn't they?).


Actually, because of the newness, it's kind of clinical and generic right now, and certainly doesn't have the it-factor and joie de vivre of my last writing space, which doubled as a music recording studio.  Give it time. 

I find that the writing space that works best for me can't be manufactured or put together in one day.  Rather, it becomes a potpourri of various elements, notes and pictures tacked up, forgotten reminders pasted nearby to add to the general ambiance, nicknacks of inspiration crowding the space.


And coffee.  Lots of black coffee.  As I've been here only three months or so, and been unpacked for even less time, it still looks clean--not its usual state when under heavy use.  Maybe I should do a before and after pic for Nano?  Yeah, that would be interesting.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by.  For you NaNo-ans, I hope your off to a raring start this moment.  For everyone else, hope the weekend wasn't too short and the week is looking good.

Take care.  Stay groovy.   Ciao!

17 bolts from the blue:

Summer Ross said...

Organized and clean. LOL I think you should do an after NaNo shot!

Lola Sharp said...

Dude. It's pristine. Yeah, I wanna see what the aftermath of Nano desk looks like.

NICE word count for day one, my dear friend!

I haven't started Nano yet...so zero words for me on this side of the Atlantic thus far...but I'll be kicking you ass. ;)

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

I totally agree: a writing space that inspires and fits the writer is an evolutionary process and not one that can be staged in a day. Have a blast making this space your own. And good luck with NaNo!

Summer said...

Very nice. Personally, I can't write if my desk is messy at all. Just a bit OCD, I guess?

I found the word war widget, so if you're still game to race me and Lola, it's on!

Lydia Kang said...

It's so clean and tidy! I would work there. I do well with tidy.

Katie Anderson said...

The before/after NaNo photo sounds like a great idea! Your writing space may be a little bare so far, but I really like the big bookcases behind the desk!

C R Ward said...

Wow, your desk is so awesomely clean! I agree, I think you need to do before and after NaNo pictures. :-)

Susan R. Mills said...

Nice an organized. Mine is a mess. :)

G.G. said...

I'm jealous. Wish my space was as nice and organized.

Melissa said...

I think an after NaNo shot would be the best. Lets see how messed up it gets.

I totally cleaned up for the picture - this stuff was getting immortalized online! But I'd love to see some after pictures of peoples space.

Jennifer Hoffine said...

Nothing like a deadline to get things done. Enjoy your space!

C. N. Nevets said...

I love the clinical feel!

Len said...

Very clean! I love it! :)

Just Another Sarah said...

It's nice anyway! And like you said, it will attain that joie de vivre (one of my favorite phrases)!

Rosslyn Elliott said...

My writing space fits in a corner of the guest bedroom just like my writing fits in the unused corners of my life. :-) Yours is a marvel of neatness!

Jamie Burch said...

Enjoy settling into your new writing space! Great possibilities. Love the book shelves! ;)

Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

Robyn said...

I have that same poster of the lighthouse in my office. It's inspiring, isn't it?

Just visited your blog for the first time and I'll be back. Very interesting...has an uplifting feel to it.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design