This whole day has been really atmospheric. There's certainly something in the air, or maybe its only in my head. I'm stuck late at work trying to finish up a last few things this Friday evening--and I am truly ready for the weekend, and stoked to the core with the way 2011 is pregnant with possibility, on the writing front and otherwise.
Does this ever happen to you: You wish there was some way to connect a cable up to your brain and project the contents up on a fifty-foot tall screen, like an outdoor movie theater, only it shows all the goings-on inside your head instead of the latest Hollywood film? There must be some tangible way to get a handle on the ebb and flow of all the byzantine forces swimming around in this little skull of mine. Maybe there's a patent idea in there somewhere.
But right now I'm feeling pretty electric. There's no other word for it.
So it felt right to get a Friday Link Love post out! I know, I know. It's been forever, but here's to hoping it becomes a regular occurrence like in the old days. But first--and quick--a joke!
Two cannibals are eating a clown. The first one turns to the other and says: "Does this taste funny to you?"I didn't say it was a good joke, now did I? Without further adieu I bring you some Friday Link Love, 2011-style!
- DL and Talli are hosting The Significant Other Blogfest on January 21st--where your significant other highjacks your blog for the day and dishes all the dirt! Or maybe that's what Furnace Girl is likely to do...hmm...maybe I should rethink this! Sign up here!
- Tabitha makes a convincing case that writing must never be about perfection.
- Lydia is running an awesome First Chapter Critique Contest over at The Sharp Angle. Entries due before January 15th. Don't miss it!
- If you missed it, here's the Show Me Yours Blogfest that featured a ton of great entries--hosted by Summer, Falen and Hannah.
- Author Jody Hedlund posts about making the reader one with the story--a great set of pointers!