Friday Link Love: Electrical Storm

Friday, January 7, 2011

This whole day has been really atmospheric.  There's certainly something in the air, or maybe its only in my head.  I'm stuck late at work trying to finish up a last few things this Friday evening--and I am truly ready for the weekend, and stoked to the core with the way 2011 is pregnant with possibility, on the writing front and otherwise.

Does this ever happen to you: You wish there was some way to connect a cable up to your brain and project the contents up on a fifty-foot tall screen, like an outdoor movie theater, only it shows all the goings-on inside your head instead of the latest Hollywood film?  There must be some tangible way to get a handle on the ebb and flow of all the byzantine forces swimming around in this little skull of mine.  Maybe there's a patent idea in there somewhere.

But right now I'm feeling pretty electric.  There's no other word for it.

So it felt right to get a Friday Link Love post out!  I know, I know.  It's been forever, but here's to hoping it becomes a regular occurrence like in the old days.  But first--and quick--a joke!

Two cannibals are eating a clown.  The first one turns to the other and says: "Does this taste funny to you?"
I didn't say it was a good joke, now did I?  Without further adieu I bring you some Friday Link Love, 2011-style!
Anyway, thanks gang for playing along.  Here's hoping you have one downright blast of a weekend, and to get you started off right, here's a shot of U-2, song apropos as all get out!

7 bolts from the blue:

Summer Frey said...

I really wish there was a way to do that, yes. It'd certainly help me out in revision, when I have several different paths and can choose only one...

Lydia K said...

That joke is pretty funny. I'm going to unleash it on some family members later today.
I wish I had an iPad like thingy for my brain too. A plug-in screen, or something!

Teri Anne Stanley said...

Um. No, I would not like the things I think to be broadcast. I don't think anyone else would like that, either. I wouldn't mind being able to download them for subsequent editing, however.

Lola Sharp said...

I love that song.

And, I kinda thought that joke was funny. :)

What's the best time to go to the dentist?

2:30

(tooth hurty) (That, my friend, was the first joke I ever learned....in kindergarten)

Postman said...

That IS a good joke. I don't care who y'are. I'm testing it out on the gang the next time we're at the bar.

I'm heading straight for Tabitha. I NEED to be reminded that writing is not about perfection. Thanks a heap for these link posts, sir. They really help. Valuable resource for the rest of us who have all these irreconcilable, dissolute, byzantine forces blasting through our heads.

And congrats on using the word "byzantine" in a blog post.

Jody Hedlund said...

Hey, Jon! Thanks for the shout out! And btw, I really like your blogging voice. It's unique and interesting! Have a great week!

DL Hammons said...

Thanks for the shout-out for our Blogfest, Bud!! Its going to be a truly interesting, and revealing, day. :)

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design