The 2nd Annual "Drunk At First Sight" Blogfest--SIGN UP NOW!!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011


Listen up, boys and goyls: do we have a treat for you!?!

If you're Irish, you know that St. Patrick's Day is next month--and in my book, that's just around the corner (you may know about St. Paddy's if you're not Irish too :D).

Last year a few of us got to talking and we asked ourselves this question:  "What could be better than sitting around on St. Paddy's Day evening drinking a (possibly green) beer?"  The answer is simple.  Sitting around drinking a (possibly green) beer and reading some great fiction, that's what!


And we pulled it off in fine style too!  (You can go read the entries here).


Things went so well, that we're gonna do it again this year: Announcing the SECOND annual "Drunk At First Sight" Blogfest! 

Here's how it'll work:

1)  Sign up below.

2)  Write a new scene or short story, or dust off an old one, about a love/relationship/situation that also includes one or more of the following elements:

     ---St. Paddy's Day as important event or setting
     ---Use of Ireland or anything Irish as a setting or prop
     ---An alcohol related event (party, hangover, cocktails, AA meeting, etc.)

3)  Just prior to March 17th (St. Pat's Day), post said story to your blog.

4)  On St. Paddy's Day, cruise around the interwebs, drink in hand, and check out everybody's amazing fiction.

That's all there is to it!  Sounds like great fun--and in keeping with the St. Paddy's Day spirit.  And please please please feel free to re-post the badge up top and get the word out.  As my good friend Bono sez every time I see him: "The more the merrier!!!"



P.S.  A careful reader may note that the Bono reference is simply me getting my fiction started early!

12 bolts from the blue:

Tessa Conte said...

hehe I'm in! I'll add you to my list.

(I wish I could turn the writing here green to fit the occasion) ; P

Summer Ross said...

Sounds like fun- I have it posted on my blogfest tab.

Donna Hole said...

Cool, I enjoyed it last year. I'm sure it will be just as great this year.

Have a good day Jon.

......dhole

Summer Frey said...

I'll be out of town during St. Pat's this year, but I'll still schedule a post.

Claire Dawn said...

I had so much fun last year, I'm back for more!

Just Another Sarah said...

I'm game! This was one of the hardest blogfests I took part in, last year, but it was a lot of fun! So, here we go again... :D

Empress said...

Errrrmmmmm... could you stop calling it St. "Paddy's" Day? That's an ethnic slur up there with "mick," "harp," and (my personal favorite, thank you, Eugene O'Neill) "bogtrotter." (I'm Irish, too. It just bugs me.) Bit like calling MLK Day That Famous Dead N*****r Day--unpleasant.
Cool idea, though.

Jon Paul said...

Empress--Thanks for stopping by!

For some reason, after reading your comment, the phrase "I'm black and I'm proud" comes to my mind. :)

While I don't agree with your evaluation, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I thank you wholeheartedly for taking the time to share it.

Have a great day!

Liza said...

I linked JP. I'm in.

Angeline said...

I have absolutely no idea what I'll write, but hey, I'm in anyway!

Trisha said...

Oooh this sounds like lots of fun! I feel compelled to sign up :D

Caroline said...

I hope late is better than never. I've been deep in that Bermuda Triangle. All I have is an old first draft of a drunken scene, but I'll post it.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design