Search No Longer

Sunday, February 20, 2011


These days, managing information is a real challenge, especially when the goal is to understand the latest fiction and publishing trends, and also avail oneself of the best how to articles on a veritable cornucopia of writing related topics.

So, I was happy as a clam to read Helen Ginger's recent post highlighting a new tool that I think every writer should have in their toolbox: The Writer's Knowledge Base.

The WKB is a search engine for writers, pure and simple.  It was developed by Elizabeth Span Craig and a fellow software engineer to help organize much of the information she's mined from the interwebs.

And the results are nothing short of stunning.  As a way to test it, I entered a flurry of different search terms.  Each search generated a nice list of related posts.  It wasn't long before I realized I could be digging around in the tool for days if I wasn't careful, unearthing tons of great information.

I've certainly added it to my toolbox--and to my sidebar!--and will use it in the future.  Go take a look around and tell us what you think.

2 bolts from the blue:

Caroline said...

Thanks -- added it to my bookmarks!

Mike Fleming said...

Jon,

Thanks for blogging about the WKB. We're glad you find it useful.

Thanks also for putting the WKB badge on your sidebar. More importantly, though, thanks for placing Calvin and Hobbes there, too. Every night my daughter and I read C&H before bed. It's like passing along its greatness to the next generation. ;-) Plus, she loves it!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design