News & Views: Jet City Woman

Friday, September 30, 2011


________

Whenever I'm alone I'm thinking,
there's a part missing from my life.
Wonder where I'd be without your love
holding me together now I'm
watching the time tick, tick away.
...
Jet City Woman.
Got to find my way home to her.
Jet City Woman.
I see her face everywhere I look!
Jet City Woman.
Just a thousand miles and I'll be there
Jet City Woman, to make the clouds go away.
Time for some blue sky!

--Queensryche, Jet City Woman (video below)

I'm flying again in the morning.  Not a terribly early start, but it will still put a slight dent in my Saturday.  :)

We're headed for Pristina, Kosovo.  This kind of flight is what we call an "out & in", which means I'll be home again tomorrow evening--unless we run into weather like we did on Wednesday.

But you know it's hard for me to complain.  I enjoy flying, and I know I'll miss it when this good deal finally ends.  The person who really gets left holding the bag when I have to leave--on the weekend especially--is my better half, Furnacegirl.  She's often on her own to take care of the kids and housework and a thousand little chores.  What with my writing and the daydreaming and the constant distractions, it's a wonder she puts up with me!

But she truly is one in a million, and even though it feeds a part of my soul to fly away over the horizon, or feeds another part of my soul to detach myself from reality for awhile to dream up a fictional world, I've found that there's always a part left behind, no matter how distant I am.

Needless to say, I couldn't go do my job (at least without losing my mind) if I didn't know there was someone I trusted implicitly keeping the home fires burning.  For every crazy writing idea she listens to, for every wild anecdote I have to share just this minute, for every raving lunatic scheme I conjure about our future, she's there with a smile and a steady hand on the wheel.  And I love her for it.

Furnacegirl, I love ya babe! You're my Jet City Woman!

Sorry.  :D  Got carried away.  How 'bout we say enough of the dime-store romanticity (yes it's a word!) and get down to business?  :D 

I had a relatively good week on the writing front.  After my long lay off, my unused writing muscles are starting to flex back into shape.  I banged out some #REN3 work, and I have a few flash fiction pieces to throw up next week and get your thoughts on.  And it's a bit of a race against time since we head for Paris on Friday, but I think I can get it all done.  :P

So, perhaps I should get off Blogger and go do some writing?  Waddaya think?  Well, here's some News & Views that have been piling up to keep you entertained in the meantime.  And a nice video to follow...

NEWS
VIEWS
CONTESTS, etc.

Finally, to ready you for the weekend, some groovy 80's Rock to usher in the good times!  Have a rockin' weekend!

7 bolts from the blue:

FurnaceGirl said...

There is a perk to all this day-dreamy-writer-for-a-husband business: He is never short on words to say how he feels about me, or for him to say thanks. :) Love you JP!

Anonymous said...

Good old Pristina! Love that crazy bus station.

(Travener/The Big Litowski. For some reason, Blogger won't let me comment as myself.)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Can't go wry g with Queensryche!
Glad you're part of Pay it Forward and the support group. Thanks for featuring them in your sidebar.

Jon Paul said...

Furnacegirl--Thanks Sweetie!

Trav--Good to see you man! Didn't make it to the bus station. Saw the airport thought! :D

Alex--Sure thing! I like to help out where I can!

You guys have a groovy weekend, ya hear?! :D

li said...

Awww - sweet. Nice to see a little romance in the ether :-))

Safe flying, and glad you'll be winging your way back home soon. Thanks for the heads up on the short story contest - I've been in a slump recently, maybe that will light a fire underneath me!

DL Hammons said...

Keep on flexing those writing muscles! They may feel sore at first, but its a good kind of sore. :)

Donna Hole said...

I enjoy your dedication to family, job, writing, and the time you can spend posting on your updates and exciting life JP. Thanks for coming back within radar :)

........dhole

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design