News & Views--Robots Writing News Stories

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dateline: September 22nd, 2011

I, for one, welcome our new typewriter-looking-robot overlords...:D

As I continue to consider the place of my blog in the world, I am arriving at a few conclusions.  The overall gameplan--both for my fiction production and for this blog--is still taking shape.  But one feature I think I'm going to add is a "News & Views" post, several times a week, posting significant fiction, publishing news--and contests!

I'm starting small, with a few links to get the ball rolling.  Eventually, I'll probably add a sidebar listing significant items--but more to follow on that.  Suggestions and comments are encouraged.  Enjoy!

*****
NEWS:
VIEWS:
CONTESTS:
  • Sixth International Aeon Award 2011 (Short Fiction.  Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror. Wordcount: any).  Submit by September 30th.
  • The Bland to Grand Flash Fiction Contest (Genre: any. Wordcount: ~500 max). Submit by September 30th.
  • Arthur Edelstein Prize for Short Fiction (Genre. any. Wordcount: 6000 max).  Submit by October 31st. 
  • 16th Annual Oklahoma Literary Arts Festival Flash Fiction Contest (Genre: topic-driven, see link.  Wordcount: 150-300).  Submit by November 3rd.
Have a groovy groovy day!

5 bolts from the blue:

Portia said...

I love this idea! And I'm a real sucker for contests :-)

If robots are now writing news stories, I might need to start looking for a new career! That's an interesting article, though. I agree that many starting journalists produce robot-like work. Developing your style is tricky, especially in the more restrained world of newspapers.

Happy week to you, friend!

DL Hammons said...

This is a great addition! :)

Jon Paul said...

Thanks guys! Now the trick is to keep it going. ;)

Have a great weekend!

Pearl said...

Energetic guy, aren't you?

:-)

Just traveling around, read the last four entries. Enjoyable writing style!

Pearl

Jon Paul said...

It's all in the wrists, Pearl. It's all in the wrists. :D

Thanks for stopping by!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design