Trailblazing

Monday, October 3, 2011

Just a quick drive-by post, as I have a lot of irons in the fire at the moment, many of them related to writing (and this last bit makes me happy :D).

I've been working feverishly on my Rule of Three Blogpost entry--going up Wednesday--and if you haven't signed up yet, you're still in luck.  Check the link on my sidebar.  Submissions close at the end of the evening, so go on over and check it out.  I think it promises to be a nice event, and I'm certainly looking forward to it--not only because we'll get to read a ton of great stories, but also because I'm using it as a kind of writing exercise to get my feet wet, get my sea-legs back under me.

Also, I've also just learned that the Literary Lab is featuring its 3rd Annual Writing Contest and Anthology, which I am likely to enter also.  Submissions are due by December 31st, 2011, if I'm not mistaken. 

I am thoroughly enjoying stepping back into the world of a fiction writer--spent this weekend getting more organized, in fact--but I had forgotten how quick the pace of time can go when one is so busy.  Not to worry: I am loving every minute!

And I am starting to go through a lot of my old writing, re-reading, evaluating.  We recently combined files from several different computers into one master file, and I can now review a number of different pieces I've written, some very old.  I am looking for strengths and weaknesses, trying to understand where I still need to grow as a writer.  And trust me, there's plenty of room for growth!


Just one day at a time, right?  What about you?  How are things in your world?

3 bolts from the blue:

WritingNut said...

I love that quote.. very true! I'm so glad you had some time to get everything sorted... I love looking back at old work too, it definitely shows how far you've come :)

Jon Paul said...

Yeah, I completely agree. I think it's easy to forget we grow over time and, like looking at rings on a tree, it is sometimes useful to see where we've been.

Thanks for stopping in. :D

Suzanne Casamento said...

Today IS a good day! There's lots to be thankful for.

Like you say, there's always room for growth. And one day at a time is the only way to go. Otherwise we might miss something.;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be sure to follow you!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design