Video Songfest Kickoff: Unearthed

Monday, October 31, 2011

HEY GANG!

First: Happy Halloween!  You know what I'm going as this year?  A fiction writer.   :D  What about you?

So tomorrow's the big day, eh?!  NaNo 2011.  I'm brimming with excitement!  Are you?

Got your game face on?  Do you know where it is at least?  I do.  :D  I am all atwitter with excitement and ready to get writing on this bad boy.

And if you're not doing NaNo, find a fellow writer and lend them a little support.  You know they'd do the same for you!  ;)

But enough of my chatter.  You have until November 30th to get in on the Video Songfest fun.  Go here for the detailsClick here or on my sidebar to find the Master Playlist.  (This is the only video so far, but it'll start filling up over the next few days.  Feel free to bookmark it if you like!).

The below totally awesome video--which many of you might know as the Cold Case TV-show theme--was actually off  E.S. Posthumus' first album, entitled Unearthed.  Incidentally, all the songs on the album are named after ancient cities that were late discovered in the modern era--thus the title.  Just the way you'll be excavating the action in your MS, eh?!

This amazing tune, paired here with stunning Planet Earth footage, is the perfect cocktail to get us all in the mood for awesomely epic world-building, off-the-hook character development and total bada$$ery.

***The world is a blank canvas, just waiting for our paintbrushes.  Now, let's go get 'em! ***

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!  :D

8 bolts from the blue:

Joshua said...

Thanks for sharing that video/song. Good times. And good luck with NaNo. I'm still debating if I should do it.

Teri Anne Stanley said...

Woot! I got my flashdrive all warmed up and ready to load up with brilliant wordery. Or something.

LTM said...

awesome. I love that quote by Morrison! I'm not doing NaNo, but you guys kick butt. Best of luck! And ooo fiction writer... scary! :o)

Liza said...

Fantastic kick-off JP! Good luck in all your writing!

Jon Paul said...

Joshua--Sure thing, and thanks! You should jump in with both feet, my boy! Waddaya have to lose?!

Teri--Something is right! And thanks for the reminder about backing up. I almost forgot!

Leigh--Awesome quote, and we will!

Liza--Thanks! I'll be on the lookout for your video tomorrow! :D

Thanks friends for stopping in a minute. Good luck in your own adventures!!

Julie Dao said...

You're so pumped for this!!! GOOD LUCK. Go get 'em! (Love the quote by Toni Morrison. Exactly the quote I needed to read today of all days.)

kelworthfiles said...

Best of luck with Nano!


I'm interested in doing an interview series on Nano participants for my blog, The Kelworth Files. If you're interested in participating, you can reach me at chrisken zero at gmail dot com (with the zero being a digit.)

Jon Paul said...

Julie--I am pumped. I have a little something to prove this year, I'm afraid. Happy the quote helped!

Chris--Thanks! I sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it!

Thanks for stopping in guys! :D

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design