Day 1: Open Your Eyes

Monday, October 31, 2011


DAY 1 of NaNo is here!!

WAAAAAKKKKKEEEE UUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

:D

Open your eyes.  Get outta bed.  Go turn on that computer.  Get coffee.  Get breakfast!  Let's get this party started!

And we need some MUSIC to get that party started: so ~WSMG~ brings you the NaNoWriMo Video Songfest! 

First up, this great tune from Snow Patrol.  I chose this video--not only because it's an awesome tour of the early morning streets of Paris and it's an awesome song--because it's the best video representation of writing a novel I could uncover--with all the twists and turns and the switchbacks that come from tackling a project of this magnitude. 

The trick to finishing NaNo strong, right?  Always remember that there's a prize at the end: the chance to look yourself in the mirror and say with great pride that YOU DID IT! (Which means you have to watch the video all the way to the end to understand--and no cheating by skipping ahead!).  :D  Enjoy!

OK.  Done watching?  Then what the heck are you still doing here?

Go kick some wordcount booty!!!   :D

7 bolts from the blue:

Agnes said...

Good luck with NaNo!

DL Hammons said...

Excellent first choice! Good luck to you!! :)

Joshua said...

I signed up late last night.

I'm screwed.

Good luck to you.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Good luck with NaNo! My first 1,803 words felt great, my next 800 gave me a problem to solve - but that's good right? More plot = more words.

Jon Paul said...

Agnes, DL--Thank you!

Joshua--Good for you! And I think you can do it. Riddle: How do you eat an elephant? :D

Tyrean--More plot does equal more words.

Joshua, Tyrean (Agnes too, if you're doing Nano; DL--I know you have other fish to fry): If you want to buddy me, my NaNo handle is jpcircusboy! I'd like to see how you guys are progressing!

Thanks folks for paying my little corner of the internets a visit! :D

Joshua said...

Well, I wouldn't because I'm a vegetarian, but if I were of the mind to eat one, it would probably be over the course of several months or perhaps a year. The meat would be packaged into individual steaks and 1-lb packages of ground meat, then frozen adequately to prevent freezer burn. The bones would be broken down into adequate proportions for use in making soup stock that would be pasteurized and jarred for future use. After boiling, the bones would be sold to a taxidermist, where they would bleach the bones for use in decorations because everyone knows that elephant bones are the latest trend. The Jory tusks would be sold at quite the profit to either a piano company that wants to make a piano like they did back in the day, or to a millionaire big game hunter wannabe who just wants to hang them in his mansion and claim they were his kill. As long as I get the money, who cares, right? The skin would be sold to a furniture company where they would upholster a chair for the millionaire guy, too. Anything left over after that is just trash that no one wants and it wouldn't be worth the effort to try to sell them. Toss the ears to a dog to chew on like rawhide and dispose of the rest, probably by dumping into a river or abandoned field.

However, I don't think that was the answer you wanted. My guess is that the actual answer is something akin to one bite at a time, one word at a time. If it's the only meal around, yeah, you could probably do it in a month. Maybe less if you're really hungry and use it for three meals a day.

Jon Paul said...

Joshua--That's the best answer to that riddle of I've ever seen. Seriously.

And I don't think you'll have any trouble finishing, with wordcount like that! :D Good luck!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design