Day 10: Unwritten

Thursday, November 10, 2011



Day 10!!

When I originally picked this song as a contender for the NaNoWriMoVideo Songfest line-up, I thought it would be an easy task to talk about its larger message: specifically, finding our way in our (writing) life, making something of ourselves, and learning to live with our own limitations and imperfections.

While this song certainly captures that idea well, we now near the end of week 2 of NaNO and I find myself behind in my word count (not terribly behind, but enough to give myself pause).  Therefore, it seems a much simpler and more fundamental point must be made: Of this here novel I'm working on, there is still a lot of it unwritten!  :D

I am no NaNo expert, for certain, but I am beginning to understand that much of the drama of the struggle to finish in time is baked into the cake.  Finishing a novel is, after all, a gargantuan undertaking, and I think anyone with any sense, faced with such an imposing challenge must pause, reflect, and say to themselves: $%&#*%*#**@!!!

Then you shake it off and go back to work.  That's what I'm doing, anyway.  So enjoy this great tune from a few years back: Unwritten, by Natasha Bedingfield.

P.S. This is a seven day a week blogfest, so don't forget to stop by on the weekend and see what's cooking!  :D


4 bolts from the blue:

jbchicoine said...

10 days...I'm terrible at math, but isn't that about a third of the way through?! Just want you to know I'm following along, though I have to admit that my strongly empathic nature gets a little anxious for all my writer friends in November--and I'm not even doing the WriMo thing!
Keep up the pace--I'm cheering you on from the sidelines :)

farawayeyes said...

Still here, still checking in, still standing.

I always liked this song,never realized the title was 'Unwritten'. Go figure.

In the end all really have is your story. Make it a good one.

WilyBCool said...

Always like that song. ;D

Joshua said...

I cursed when I was behind on day 3. Managed to get on track last weekend and keep up this week. Wish I had more of a lead, but I'm just happy I've been able to keep up.

Excellent song choice, as usual.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design