Day 12: Can We Still Be Friends?

Saturday, November 12, 2011





Day 12!

I don't know about you, but I'm definitely entering a love-hate period with my Nano MS.  Some days, I really feel in touch with my MC's dilemma, and the words come easily.  Other days, I have trouble keeping all the threads of the story straight, and I constantly glance back at my outline hoping to find some little hint or turn of phrase which will restore the story's magic in my head.

I suppose this is what it all comes down to: learning to write when we don't feel like writing.  It's an experience similar to that of a long distance runner who sees yet another hill materialize out of the fog and knows, though he questions whether he has it in him to make the ridgeline, that he must press on anyway, buckle down and dig deep, or risk failure.

It's in this way we find out what we're really made of.  :D

ANNOUNCEMENT: Deniz Bevan has posted her video as part of the NaNoWriMoVideo Songfest: The Perfect Ending, by the Whiskey Trench Riders.  Go have a listen!!  And thanks Deniz for contributing!

Happy writing everyone!  Stay groovy!!  :D

5 bolts from the blue:

PurpleMist. said...

Oh I can relate to that!
Glad you're staying positive though, fight through it :D

far away eyes said...

My head is in the crapper today. Wasted about 2000 words writing in a circle.Haven't scrapped it yet,but I'm probably gonna. What's up with this? I need a break. Gonna take one.

Thanks for the song.

Michael Offutt said...

Good luck with nano. It sounds so difficult.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah, you have to treat it like a job but while still enjoying the process. Less that three weeks to go!

Deniz Bevan said...

Thanks for the link!
And ooh, I'm not the only one entering a love-hate relationship. I feel like I'm losing the threads most days myself. Trade you one of my threads for one of yours!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design