Day 2: I Feel Love

Wednesday, November 2, 2011




Day 2 of NaNo!!!!

This is Day 2 of the NaNoWriMo Video Songfest as well.  Go get all the details if you want to participate!

So, I am off to a rousing if rocky start on my NaNo MS.  How you?  Words flowing like wine?  Ideas flocking to your blank page like the Salmon of Capistrano?

My wife has coined a new phrase: The NaNo Curse.  You may recall my bumpy ride to 50k last year; it seems we're off to another rough start in 2011. 

First, my wife was in a car accident yesterday.  YES!  YES!! Everybody is absolutely alright (Thank God!) but I think the car is toast.  We got to talk to some very nice security people yesterday and she's talking to some very nice insurance people this morning (I have this thing called work).  And the kids are fine--but with us going home in a few months, the timing is, well, lousy.

Then, because I am so darn brilliant, I managed to save an old version of my NaNo 2011 MS over my new NaNo 2011 MS--the one with over 2,000 extra words in it!--and the word angry doesn't even approach it.  Livid?  Apoplectic, maybe?  Bristling, wrathful, cantankerous, cross, outraged... huffy.  You get the picture.  :D

But I refuse to be deterred.  Because I'm in love.  Yep.  I totally totally TOTALLY dig this NaNo story I'm writing.

You're loving your MS, right?!  You feel love too.  I hope so.  It's easy to feel good about our beginnings. The old MS ain't given us much trouble yet, see?!  Let's wait a few weeks, mmmkay?  So we gotta enjoy the good times while they're here, so I give you:

BLUE MAN GROUP: I Feel Love!

P. S. Plus, we've had our first non-WSMG song offering: a totally sweet tune by Miriam Stockley called "Beautiful Day."  Go check it out over at Middle Passages.  Thanks Liza!

7 bolts from the blue:

WilyBCool said...

She's got quite a voice! Fun video! Always wanted to see the Blue Man Group live. ;D

Liza said...

You got me tapping the desk with that one!

Joshua said...

Having been in a high speed crash in February myself, I'm glad everyone's okay.

As far as my words go? I was so excited Monday night, and then I awoke with a killer migraine that's still lingering today. Looks like I need to play some catch-up tonight.

I hope you find your mojo, too. For what it's worth, in some small way, maybe it's best to not have those extra words to constrain you? I'm just tossing darts at butterflies here.

Good luck to you!

DL Hammons said...

Dude! You should learn to spend November underneath your bed! Pull your family in with you!! :)

Jon Paul said...

Wily--Yeah, seen them a few times and they ROCK!!

Liza--Sweet!

Joshua--I'm with you. I think once you lose words, you have to chalk it up to good practice and move on. I rewrote most of the same section this morning. I'm happy with it--not as happy as yesterday, mind you, but I think that's inevitable.

DL--Right?! If only I could simply take the whole month off and focus on writing. *sigh* We all have impossible dreams, right?

Thanks gang for the visit. Have a totally groovy Thursday!! :D

Lola Sharp said...

OMGoodness, JP. I'm so sorry about your wife was in a auto-accident. But I'm glad she and the kids are okay. Whew! Scary.

Sometimes we lose words and it's a good thing... to learn the hard lesson of carefully backing our work up in multiple places, and also, sometimes the rewritten version is better. :) But still, I know the horrible sensation in the pit of your stomach when you realize you lost a bunch of word count. (I usually cry. And then rewrite it better.)

You guys be careful and safe!

Jon Paul said...

Thanks, Lola. We will. :D

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design