Day 22: Marrying The Sea

Tuesday, November 22, 2011


I've sailed into a slight case of the doldrums over the last couple days.

Perhaps it's to be expected.  I have to keep reminding myself that, after having such a successful week last week, the expectation can't necessarily be that the next week will be even better.  Sometimes it works that way, but more often than not, a great success requires a follow on period of reflection, regrouping and simple basking in the pleasure of having done well.

I think this tends to lend itself to a softening focus, a blurriness around the edges of the day.  But no worries.  It isn't as if things have gone South.  On the contrary.  By most standards, I am doing quite well, and have just today crossed the 40k mark.  It's just fun (and funny) to watch the ebb and flow of the tide of my motivations on this sea of a manuscript.  How's that for a metaphor?  :D

And in honor of said metaphor, and said doldrumic period, I present a great tune from Declan O'Rourke: Marrying The Sea.  Had to put the video together myself, from old Youtube scraps and slivers of footage I had laying around. I hope you enjoy it!

And I hope your Tuesday is going well. Happy writing!!

5 bolts from the blue:

Joshua said...

I hope you make it out of the doldrums. Perhaps sailing on that boat would help? It would help me, for sure.

farawayeyes said...

Nice.Thank You.

Michael Offutt, Expert Critic said...

I love the pretty pictures of the sea you have posted. They are so calm...even if they mean that there is no progress.

Yvonne Osborne said...

I'm in love with the sea. Your progress is nothing short of amazing.

FurnaceGirl said...

Woo hoo 40K! In the NANO Home Stretch now :D

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design