Day 8: Come On Baby Play Me Something

Tuesday, November 8, 2011


Day 8!!!

So all last week I was going like gangbusters.  Truly!  I mean the words were totally flowing and I was feeling good.

This week, I've somehow wandered into a bit of a dry spot.  It's not that I don't feel like writing.  I do.  But the words don't seem to come, like opening a water spigot but nothing comes out.  Has this ever happened to you?

I am still at the tale end of the my novel's set-up, and I am anxious to get into the meat of the story--so that's a possible contributor.  But I also wonder if I've just pushed too hard.  Last week my daily goal was 4k a day, which is a lot, and I came pretty close to hitting it--if you count in the 2k I accidentally erased on Tuesday and some unanticipated work obligations that popped up on Friday.

But there's no choice, is there?  Gotta keep plugging away--which of course is one of the virtues of NaNo.

How 'bout you?  How goes your writing?  Any pointers for getting out of dry spots?


7 bolts from the blue:

Joshua said...

Channel Dory from FINDING NEMO (can you tell I'm a parent yet?): "Just keep writing, just keep writing."

farawayeyes said...

Put your head down and push on through.

I'm at about the same point you are and I'm about the pull the rug out from under my MC and her 'all too nice' boyfriend. I can't seem to let the nice guy get the girl. Just when she thinks her life is getting better. I almost feel guilty.

Too many sad songs on my playlist. Too much Ray. Need to switch back to the Black Keys today and let them HOWL.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Son House

Liza said...

Keep going. Even if you only write 500 words, it keeps the spigot open!

WilyBCool said...

I like that quote!!!! Awesome! ;D

WilyBCool said...

Not familiar with that song. I do like it. Very cool aesthetics..

DL Hammons said...

That's a new song to me as well. *jotting it down*

You'll muscle your way through. I feel your determination!

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design