Salute

Friday, November 11, 2011

All over the world, there are people thinking about the significance of today.  Here's a taste: 





Banging out 50k words in 30 days is a feat, but your friendly neighborhood Marine, Sailor, Soldier or Airman has a few stories to tell too.

Please make an effort to thank a service member today.  I think they've earned it.  :D

4 bolts from the blue:

farawayeyes said...

Thanks.

Living outside the US I have developed a whole new respect for Veterans.

I live in a US Territory. We do not get to vote for the US President, although he does get to push us around. We do send a representative to Congress but they have no vote. They are there to observe. Most days I'm left wondering if that's such a good idea.

My tiny island is the home to a very large US National Guard installation. Apparently, we are some strategic point on the map. This little place sends it's sons and daughters into the US Military with pride and honor. The unit here is preparing to go back to Afghanistan in 2012. They are anxious to serve.

Most days I feel like a second class US citizen. I was born there,they issue my passport,but don't care about my vote. These people here honor, serve and fight for a country that doesn't even give them a vote. You better believe I'll honor those veterans, right along with my ancestors who go back to the Revolutionary War (US).

DL Hammons said...

It is I who salute you!!! :)

Joshua said...

Excellent sentiment, sir. Very well said.

PurpleMist. said...

Nice.

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design