Who Do You Write Like?

Wednesday, January 25, 2012


Author's note: This post was first published July 15th, 2010.  Please feel free to comment.  As I am busy climbing a mountain now, I'll respond to all comments when I return.  Thanks!

The age old question: what famous writer does your work most resemble?  I got my answer this morning:


I write like
James Joyce
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

I can't say I am remotely disappointed with that result, although I'm not sure it's true.  I have lifetimes to go before I produce anything on the order of even the meagerest of Joyce's offerings, and I may never reach those lofty literary heights; still, dreaming makes good entertainment.  :)

Wanna know who you write like?  Head over to the I Write Like blog, paste a fragment of your writing into the submission block and hit the "Analyze" button.  I'm not sure it's scientific or remotely accurate, but it sure is fun!

Share your answer in the comments, if you please!  Oh, and have a groovy day!

23 bolts from the blue:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I'm glad I am not compared to anyone else!

Susan Roebuck said...

Ursula le Guin (splutter). It IS fun, I agree. I think I might go back in a few hours, post the same extract and see if the same answer comes up - (evil cackling, hoping to fool the system).

Travener said...

Hah! I write like James Joyce, too. Or, analyzing another short piece of text, William Gibson. Interesting. Thanks for the link.

Donna Hole said...

I took this several months ago too. I can't remember who my person was, but I was not at all disappointed.

Have fun on the mountain. See you soon.

.......dhole

PurpleMist. said...

Haha, I think this thing is pretty random, but I was still curious.
I got Cory Doctrow. I had to google him to find out who he is :P

WilyBCool said...

I'm not sure that anyone would want me to write like them or vice versa.... LOL! ;D

Siv Maria said...

What fun! Had to try this twice, once I got Dan Brown and once I got Gertrude Stein...LOL, guess that means I am psycho writer. Wonder who I get if I do it again, maybe if I try this enough times I will write like Hemingway...

Siv Maria said...

Ha ha ha...Nope this time it was James Joyce, and the funny thing is that I used my Gibberish Post on Alligator shoes...Ahh, my week-end is starting to look good :)

Lola Sharp said...

I remember when you first posted this post. :)
So you're climbing a mountain? When are you guys coming home? Have you been writing? Did you finish your nano project?

I hope this finds you and the fam happy and healthy.

Hugs,
Lola

Emma Lauren said...

Just visited the link and discovered I write like David Foster Wallace. Looks like I need to track down some of his books now. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wow! I visited the link and found out that I write like Ian Fleming! That is so cool, and funny too.

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

I really don't like James Joyce all that much. Eeep.

Jeremy Bates said...

For me i want to write my own self!;)

Ryshia Kennie said...

Apparently I write like Jack London - at least in that brief minutes worth of writing. Interesting. Tagged you for Lucky 7 Meme.

busana muslim said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..

running4him said...

Hey, great post and awesome blog!! I love it!! Keep up the good work!! You are invited to check out or follow my blog anytime!!! Have a great day!!

Claire Dawn said...

Hey JP, I tagged you in a meme. http://aclairedawn.blogspot.jp/2012/04/whys-7-lucky-anyhow.html

Have fun on your mountain.

Also, I write like Harry Harrison, who apparently wrote the book Soylent Green is based on.

jbchicoine said...

JP, I really think it's time for you to come home...just sayin'...

Imo said...

This sounds really fun, i'll be sure to try this some time!

AVY said...

I hope I only write as myself.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



Andrea Teagan said...

It says I write like Ursula K. Le Guin... since I think she is awesome I am very happy to hear that. :) Good luck climbing the mountain!

Andrea

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I saw this a little while and it said I wrote like Dan Brown. I figured I would take it. I just found your blog - new follower :)

Charmaine Clancy said...

That is a fun app :)

Waddaya wanna say?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

©2010 by Jon Paul | by San Antonio Web Design